Outreach and Enrollment
PACHC, with the support of key partners, is committed to providing technical assistance and resources in a "lead navigator" capacity to support Navigators, Certified Application Counselors and other in-person patient enrollment assisters currently employed by Pennsylvania’s FQHCs, FQHC Look-Alikes, and Rural Health Clinics.
Our goals are:
- state-specific training and technical assistance to support health center-based Navigators and Certified Application Counselors
- training and technical assistance to health center-based enrollment assisters on effective inreach and outreach strategies
- coordinate opportunities for sharing of best practices
- develop a quality assurance system to validate that guidance is given in a fair, accurate, impartial and culturally sensitive manner
- provide a central, standard web-based HIPPA compliant data collection instrument for reporting, tracking, trend identification and benchmarking purposes
- through central coordination of the efforts across the state’s health centers, be able to provide a comprehensive picture of enrollment efforts and outcomes, effective inreach and outreach strategies, and the effectiveness of a coordinated, connected and networked approach using trusted community organizations with strong ties to eligible populations.
Healthcare.gov is the official enrollment site of the Health Insurance Marketplace
Create an Account--Apply--Pick a Plan--Enroll
- Provides individuals, families and small business access to coverage options and health insurance information
- Allows comparison of qualified health plans
- Determines eligibility for premium tax credits and/or cost-sharing reduction
Health Insurance Marketplace is the “go-to” resource from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for Navigators, Certified Application Counselors and other in-person patient enrollment assisters to learn about the Marketplace, access training and official resources.
Please contact Tia Whitaker, Statewide Director, Outreach & Enrollment, with questions, comments and/or concerns.
©2016 Pennsylvania Association of Community Health Centers
1035 Mumma Road, Suite 1, Wormleysburg, PA 17043